Sunday, March 6, 2011

You can never photograph the same place twice

Speaking of Lakeview Cemetery, one of my first really good pictures was taken there (which you can see a poorly exposed scan of here).  I took that picture around February 2007 or so, and I'd been back to the large cemetery without ever returning to that particular spot.
One of the few places I stopped on my last visit was the same mausoleum I'd photographed nearly four years prior, and here is the result (in color instead of IR this time).




While the door is still quite lovely, the ivy that was such in integral part of the image is long gone.  While that door will be there for a long time to come, the first picture could only happen once.
Go figure.  My teachers were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog are the property of the photographer and may not be reproduced for any reason without written consent.

© 2014, Andrea Cerveny