Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cosplayer 4 - Savannah

Most of us will recognize the one, the only... Sailor Moon!

As with many cosplayers, Savannah makes her own costumes.  She takes things up a notch, though, and has created mascot-style costumes using foam skeletons to construct the non-human shaped bodies.  Her most recent and (in my opinion) most impressive creation was a Pokémon - Lugia.  The suit is about seven feet tall.

Savannah worked with me a couple of years ago, and along with one other co-worker was the first to introduce me to the concept of cosplay.  Had I not known them, this series never would have happened.


Photographed in the lovely kitchen of the home she and her husband recently purchased.

5 comments:

  1. It turned out so cuuuute! Thanks for allowing me to be your model :D Can't wait to see the whole series put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, this is one of the coolest photo series idea's that I have ever heard of. How fun!

    ps. I just found your blog again and I can't wait to look down the archives to see what you are up to.
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! :) This series is so fun. @Sailor Crafty/Savannah- What kind of materials do you suggest to use for making mascot/foam shape costumes? I'm thinking of cosplaying Chiyo-chan in her penguin suit from Azumanga Daioh one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill! I'm glad you made it over to my blog! I miss your face, so we need to get together. I want to meet Tess, too! I don't know if my message ever got to you, but I would like to include your little family in this series if it's possible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. cosplay Deutschland

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog are the property of the photographer and may not be reproduced for any reason without written consent.

© 2014, Andrea Cerveny